Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly News

This week in Math, we will continue our study of story problems by analyzing situations that involve the division of fractions. Students will understand the importance of setting up number sentences correctly as well as how to determine which of the numbers are being divided.

In Science, we will continue our study of weathering and erosion, along with deposition. Students will complete another experiment to help clarify these topics and show how all of the terms relate to one another.

In Advisory, students will complete a "check-in" on Monday to show me all of their science projects, which should be 100% complete. At this point, all math and science projects should be completed and in final copy. By Friday, I am expecting that all students have a list of words from their country, that they are going to present. It is highly anticipated that students actually try reading these words to us, so getting a list quickly will help them practice how to say the words they are going to choose. During the week, and at home, students can next start working on their social studies projects. We will talk in class about more specific qualifications for their government section, but the other topics should be pretty easy to get information for. Still have questions??? Please don't hesitate to ask.

Since all students do not have access to the computers each day in class, students are expected to have a personal reading book that they are reading. They will be introduced to book talks later this week (with requirements going home as well), that they will be expected to do later this trimester. Please be on the lookout for this, and also know that it is important that your child always has a book to read with him/her at all times.

Looking forward to another great week! Please remember that students do not have school this coming Friday for Teacher Professional Development and next Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Day.

8 comments:

  1. MRS.PEREZ DO I HAVE TO AKE E 2 QUIZES IF I DO CAN I DO ONE AFTER SCHOOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs.Perez I read the blog I can't Wait to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.Perez, I just wanted to know when we move on from the science to the ela are we douing the ela with the social studies or seperate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trinity, we are going to do Social Studies separate from ELA, but ELA won't take long to do, so we're going to focus most of the time on Social Studies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just typing to get points

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ananda -- please remember you don't get points just to type. You have to actually say something important to get points

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs.Perez I know she dosen't go th Uprep but I would like to wishe my cusin Destini a very Happy birthday. I would also like to say that I AM TELLING YOU EVEN IF YOU CAN'T COME I HAVE A DANCE COMPITION IN CINCINATI,OHIO AND ITS FEBRUARY 12-15. YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABEL TO MAKE IT BECAUSE IT IS THE WEEKEND OF VALITINES DAY BUT I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs.Perez! GUESS WHAT!!! I found the Book!!The Dear Dumb diary,My pants are hunted!!!!!

    ReplyDelete