Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekly Updates

In Math this week, we will continue in our Prime Time book.  This week we will look for patterns within multiples and factors, and also discuss greatest common factors (GCF) and least common multiples (LCM).  We will also continue taking multiplication timed tests in hopes that more students improve their scores.  Since we do not have school on Friday, I will be checking the test taken on Thursday to check their weekly improvement.  Next week is the final week for tests, in which I am expecting students to receive over a 95% on the test.    

In Science this week, we will start looking at soil composition.  Students will complete a lab experiment where they will make soil-water columns, which will separate the soil into the different components of soil.  We will then relate this experiment to some reading regarding the scientific names for the different components of soil, and make a concept map to summarize all of the information learned.

In Advisory, students should have their final learning plan completed (in pen) and signed by a parent.  I will make copies of them (one for my record, one for the student at school, and one for the parents at home).  Students will have 30 minutes every day to work on their advisory goals.  They are expected to have something to work on EVERY DAY towards reaching their goals.  Although they are given 30 minutes every day, it is also necessary that the students are working on their projects at home after school and on the weekends.  Parents, please remind your child on the importance of working on these projects.  

Please take note that there is no school on Friday, September 25, 2009 due to Teacher Professional Development.  Please comment if you have read this, and let me know if you have any questions.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Perez,

    I read the blog. I just got done with the learning plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs.Perez,

    I read the blog and i understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mrs perez ive read the blog and thank you for keeping me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mrs.perez i read the blog and thankyou for keeping me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI MRS.PEREZ I READ THE BLOG I UNDERSTAND IT

    ReplyDelete