Saturday, September 12, 2009

I am so impressed...

I am so impressed that so many of my students are already doing very well on their timed multiplication test.  The students are practicing basic multiplication facts (1x1 to 12x12) and are tested on those facts daily in class.  They get 3 minutes to complete 100 facts.  So far, 6 of my 17 students already scored above 80% on their first graded test!  Congratulations to Sh'kyra, Christina, Richard, Trinity, DaShawn, and Khaila for receiving a great first grade!

If you would like help on those facts, I would suggest buying flash cards at the dollar store, or use Math Fact Cafe where flash cards are built right into the webpage.  The students have until the end of September to get above a 95% on these tests.  

2 comments:

  1. i read the blog today (9/16/09) sorry it took me so long to comment. my mom and i read the whole blog and i will lioke to say thank you for pointing out how good the six students did on the multiplication time test......Thank You...Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have read this blog and tthankyou for keeping me informed.

    ReplyDelete