Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's back to school time...

Students and Parents,

Welcome to 6th grade at UPA Middle School. I am extremely excited to start working this school year and I anticipate it being the best year yet. At this point, you should have read my letter and expectations for our class this year (if you haven't, make sure to ask your child for it). I would like to take this time just to highlight a few key points:
  • Wearing the correct uniform is CRITICAL. Please note the uniform requirements on the back of my personal letter to you. Students out of uniform will have to call home and have their uniform brought to them. Repeated offenders will have other privileges taken away (field trips, free dress days, etc.)
  • Being on time to school is necessary. Lessons begin promptly at 8:15am. Regularly being late could affect your child's education in many ways: homework is checked at the beginning of class (being late means your child will miss the homework review), the lecture/explanation of the lesson is done during the first 15-20 minutes of class (being late means your child will miss crucial material that I teach). If your child is late, it will be his/her responsibility to show me their homework and get extra instruction at a later time (lunch, after school, etc.)
  • In class today, we discussed the class expectations and procedures. I have developed them in an effort to ensure a smooth learning experience. Please read these over carefully, sign it and return. If you are unclear or do not agree with a specific expectation/procedure, please indicate that on the form and I will contact you regarding it. Also, please look over our grading policy. If you are new to UPA, this may be confusing to you, so read it over and again let me know if you need any clarification. I will be more than happy to explain this policy more in-depth.
  • I have also sent home a contact information sheet for you to fill out (if you did not do so at the Back-to-school meetings) so I can contact you when necessary. Please indicate the best method of contacting you (email or phone), including the best time to contact you.

Always feel free to contact me at any time regarding your child's progress. Also, everytime you read a posting, please feel free to write a comment/question regarding the information (even commenting that you read the posting). Your child will receive credit for participation each time!

12 comments:

  1. hi mrs.perez.this is khaila.i read the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read the blog-khaila

    ReplyDelete
  3. i voted.i read 6-8 books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Perez,

    I voted on the books I read over the summer. This might be a little shocking to you, but I only read two books this summer. I hope to read more books in your class this year.

    Cameron Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Perez,

    I read the blog. I heard about open house. I hope I can come and talk about school and how it's going for me. My mom said do we come to the open house if the parents already met with you?
    I will see you in class, Mrs.Perez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Romester UsherySeptember 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

    Hello Mrs. Perez! It was a pleasure to meet you and I was very impressed when you called a couple of weeks ago to introduce yourself to me as Khaila's advisor. I am excited about this school year and Khaila is very excited as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI,
    Mrs.Perez I voted.
    I read 0-2 books this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mrs.perez i did my home work and now i am praticing my multiipulcation.i will see you in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Khaila! I'm so glad to hear that. Did you read the new posting about your goals this year? If you did, you can comment there and get more participation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi mrs.perez i read the blog all of them and i understand. hay mrs.perez just incase you ever need to reach me just e-mail me at lilmamatt@gmail.com or littlemisst8@aol.com.
    oh and i had voted yesterday i think or the other day. i had read 6-8 books.Thank you...Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOW did i do on my test

    ReplyDelete