Saturday, October 10, 2009

Great quiz scores and more!

On Friday, we had a Science quiz over the past few lessons we had -- soils located on the U.S map, the Dust Bowl, and fertilizers. Extra credit was also given to students that could remember what succulents were, as well as give an example, so some students got over 100%! Congrats to the following students who received over 80% on that quiz: Trenton (100%), Cameron (118%), Christina (118%), Richard (118%), Michael (91%), Nate (82%), Trinity (118%), Bekkah (109%), DaShawn (109%), Leah (100%), Khaila (118%), and Deacon (82%).

I also graded the first division timed test of the month and I was overwhelmed by how well the students did after just one week of practicing. I assumed that since the students did well with multiplication that they would do well with division, but I didn't realize that they would do this well so soon! I am so impressed with the following students: Marae (80%), Christina (98%), Richard (99%), Trinity (100%), Bekkah (100%), DaShawn (98%), Leah (100%), and Khaila (100%). Some of you may wonder why you should have to continue taking the test, but remember, if you already have a high grade, continue working on how fast you can do them. If you can complete them in under 1 minute 30 seconds, you can compete against me. If you beat me, I give you $20! And of course if you aren't on this list yet, you still have plenty of time to get there. You still have 3 weeks of practice.

Awesome job class! See you Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Sorrell (DaShawn)October 11, 2009 at 10:40 PM

    Hello, Mrs. Perez

    I love the blog!! I see DaShawn is doing well. He told me he was, I wanted to see for myself. Lol. I Also wanted to inform you about his dentist appointment on Tuesday but then I see he has MEAP testing the same day. If he misses the testing will he be able to make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, DaShawn mentioned that to me today that he would be absent tomorrow. Any student that misses on MEAP day will just take the test the next day. Of course we don't promote them to be gone on MEAP day, but for situations like this I understand and of course he can make it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay me.I got a hundred

    ReplyDelete