Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekly News

This week in both Math and Science we will be reviewing the major concepts in each of the units we have been studying and take a test.

For Math, the following things will be tested:
  • Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals
  • Story problems (with exact calculations and estimated answers)
  • Sales tax, tip, discount
  • Percent of

For Science the students need to understand the following concepts:

  • Continental drift
  • The three types of plate boundaries and what happens at each type (earthquakes, volcanoes, and mountains)
  • Layers of the earth
  • Plate tectonics
  • A general idea of when major events occurred on Earth

In Advisory students are expected to continue working on their exhibition projects. Students are required to have 4 graphs for math and their science information turned in on Wednesday to be graded for completion. Those students that do not have this work done will not go to the library or Wayne State on Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. Mrs.perez hey how are you, I need some elp with the graphs and some help with my animal it's difficult to find pictures of it's body parts and the statictics on the canada lynx. I couldn't make it to school today because my mothers cars wasn't starting but i will try to make it tomorrow. If it's possible can i probably stay after school tomorrow to get some help with my exhibition work and probably some math and science.
    Thanks, ananda irving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ananda. Sorry to hear about your mom's car...we missed you again today! I will help as much as I can during advisory time tomorrow because we have our staff meeting after school so I won't be able to help then...I also have lunch duty, so no one can be in the classroom at lunch. I will play on the computer a little bit to see what I can find with the lynx and let you know tomorrow (hope to see you then!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy ananda, you spelled help wrong....lol Mrs.Perez I was just telling you i am finished with my math and science part of my powerpoint.. Also I wanted to ask you how long does the social studies part of my exhibition suppose to be. Last thing I wantd to know what will be our trimester academics.(I think I spelled academics wrong so forgive me if it is wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trinity,thanks fr letting me know i spelled the word wrong. Okay Mrs.Perez i understand and thank you on trying to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trinity -- the length of each section of the exhibition doesn't matter, but you just have to make sure you have depth of knowledge -- the entire exhibition for just this part is 15 (without trimester academics). I'm not sure what trimester academics we are doing yet since we are only into our 3rd week of this trimester. It will probably be something geometry related (the new book we start after Spring Break) and something with ecology (which is the next unit in Science). Don't worry about those yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O ok thank you for telling me. One last question what is ecology?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ecology is the study of living things -- plants, animals, etc. It'll definitely be a fun unit!!

    ReplyDelete