Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Earthquakes

We had a few questions in class that if anyone can answer, extra credit will be given (I had a few of my own I added):

1) What number on the earthquake "Richter" scale is the one where people can actually feel the earthquake?

2) When was the most intense earthquake ever recorded and what number was it on the scale?

3) How many tectonic plates are there on the Earth?

If you find out anymore interesting facts, list them under the comments and you'll get credit as well!

2 comments:

  1. 3.)There are dozens of tectonics plates but there are 7 major plates.
    2.)1960 Valdivia earthquake it was a 9.5.
    1.)8.8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.Perez I found what Ananda found but instead mine was
    `1}9.0
    `2}1960 Valdivia {9.6
    `3}7 plates are Europe, South America, North America,Africa, Australia, Antarctica. I cain't wait till wayne state tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete