Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly News

This will be a busy week for the class since we have exhibitions this week!

In Math we will continue working with story problems, in addition to working with dividing decimals as both of these skills prove to be the most difficult ones for students still.

We will not be doing Science this week since we have exhibitions all afternoon.

In Advisory we will be presenting exhibitions. The things students must remember are:
  • Do you have an agenda?
  • Is your binder in the order that your agenda says?
  • Do you have the necessary note cards?
  • Have you practiced your exhibition in front of someone to make sure yours isn't too short or too long?
  • Do you have ALL of your projects? (If you are not sure, please refer to the rubric I gave out last week for the projects that will be graded, as well as the presentation skills that you will be graded on)
I am anticipating much success for this exhibition because the students have been working VERY hard. I look forward to seeing everyone's presentation this coming week!

8 comments:

  1. Mrs.Perez, do you remember at the beginning of the school year when you use to pull sticks when people raised there hands....i was wondering for my exhibition can i use those because i plan on playing a game with the class, and to make it easier to pick i could use the sticks...if that was OK with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.Perez I am almost done with my exhibition all I need to do is to get the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Christina, I have those and you can definitely use them for your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Perez i couldn't make it for the last couple days because my mom was't feeling so well. I am excitird for my exhibition I think it's going to be a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ananda, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's feeling better -- we miss you! I'm sure you're going to do great for your exhibition. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, I'm very confident I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys I can't wait till my exhibition. My sister is home from college so she can see it. Isn't that cool.=}

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an excellent job on your exhibition khiala.and ananda i think your going to do an excellent job on yours good luck.

    ReplyDelete