Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weekly News

This week in Math we will be wrapping up our understanding of multiplying and dividing integers. We will be playing a game on Monday to review multiplying and dividing integers rules, and have a quiz on Tuesday.

In Science we will be completing an "Ice-Melting Competition". Students will try to figure out the fastest way to melt an ice cube. Start thinking of ways to melt an ice cube quickly and also keep in mind the types of energy that will help you with this experiment.

In Advisory I will be doing one last check-in for trimester academics topics. Students should be working on math, science, writing, reading, and social studies trimester academics. They should be wrapping up anything they need to do for their entire exhibition -- note cards, making an agenda (which I will type up and print for them if they have it to me by Tuesday), etc. Next week, we will be doing practice exhibitions so students should prepare for this!

CAMP NOTES:
As everyone knows, we will be at camp from Wednesday-Friday. We are asking the students to be at school at 7am on Wednesday so we can arrange everything (pack the luggage on the bus, get the students situated on the bus, etc.) and leave as soon as possible. We will be back on Friday at 4pm. Please be prompt picking your child up!

A few reminders:
  • No cell phones are allowed. I gave all my students my personal cell phone so if anyone needs to get ahold of anyone, they can use my phone (if the signal is even strong enough there).
  • Electronics are allowed only on the bus to and from camp, and in their cabins (at their counselors discretion).
  • Please label all luggage -- students are allowed only 1 piece of luggage and 1 carry-on (in addition to a sleeping bag, blanket, and pillow.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. The weather looks like it is going to be beautiful for us, so I think camp is going to be a great experience for the students!

P.S -- Only 19 more days of school left!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs.Perez can I change one thing in my trimester academics, instead of my limerick I want to change it to diamante poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fine Ananda -- I will check all of it in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete