Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekly News

This week is going to be QUITE a busy week!

In Math this week we will finish up our unit with basic fraction, decimal, and percent concepts. We will review for a few days and have our test on Thursday.

We will not be doing Science this week due to Exhibitions -- we will be back to science next week!

In Advisory of course we will be having our exhibitions. Please refer to the letter I sent home regarding the time of your child's exhibition. Arriving about 5 minutes early will really be helpful so we can start on time and keep to the schedule for the afternoon. Your child should have a rubric regarding how they will be graded, but for some quick highlights, please make sure the following is ready:
  • 8 projects -- 5 learning plan projects and 3 trimester academic projects.
  • A visual aid of some sort is necessary for each project. It should be professional looking (not crinkled up, torn, and big enough for everyone to see) with the ability to explain everything -- not just showing it to us.
  • Students will want to practice what they are going to say and prepare note cards if necessary. They should not rely on those notecards because one of the criteria for grading is eye contact and how prepared they are. If they have to rely on their notecards, it shows that they haven't practiced enough.
  • All of the information must be in the student's own words and must be thorough. Considering that the student's have had 2.5 months to work on these projects, it is very important that their hard work shows and that they can prove that they really know the content and can explain it to us.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions -- or leave comments on the blog and I will respond back as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to the students' first exhibition and I hope you are too!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs.Perez!I just wanted to say that Bakkah did an awsome job on her exibition and I can't wait till mine. Im soooooooooooo pumed and ready

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, mrs.perez I am just saying hi, and Khaila spelled pumped wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trinity! You are correct. She also spelled Bekkah's name wrong! I will give you credit for finding the mistake! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPPPS! Mrs.perez I don't have any clean pants because my pants has paint on them and so I have to wear my black jeans.IM LETTING YOU KNOW IN ADDVANCE so I won't get marked down. PLEASE UNDERSTAND.after today I will be abel to wear my regular pants. PLEASE RESPOND!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind my mom washed them before the paint dryed and it came out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Khaila that I didn't see the message until today. I'm glad that it was able to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KHAILA SPELLED ABLE WRONG AND I AM READY FOR MY EXHIBITION BUT STILL HAVE TO DO A LITTLE WORK ON IT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs.Perez my mother won't be able to come today because she has the flu and she has lupus but my grandmother will be coming halfway through or something like that to bring my food. Is that o.k?

    ReplyDelete