Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly News

This week in Math we will be having our second quiz. This quiz will be on analyzing graphs and tables more thoroughly. For the remainder of the week, the students will learn concepts that are required to know for the MEAP, but not necessarily taught in their book.

In Science we are going to do some measuring activities. Students will study the idea of volume and will learn the two different ways to measure the volume of the two solids that are still unknown. We will use that data along with the mass of the two solids to find the specific density, which will then help us figure out exactly what those two solids are.

In Advisory we will finally start our learning plans. Students will be able to choose their own topic, but they will be required to figure out themselves, how it will fit in to each subject. Students are hopefully already thoughtful of what topic they want to do, so they can get started rather quickly. They are also given the choice of how they want to present their information at their exhibition, to make it as creative as possible.

Here's to our first week in October. I'll see everyone Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Hey mrs.Perez i just saw my grades for this trimester so far I am really proud of myself....now that I have seen my grades I am going to try to get higher in math......I am still proud of myself and everyone else that has a passing grade in each subject.....And i wanted to know can i get some extra credit for math?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAY HAY MRS.P!!!! what going in with you, how are you felling.I had an awesome weekend and I went to my brothers homecoming game and guess what they won! I hope my brother will respect me more because now i have a little cold because on saturday it was frezzing cold and raining really hard. I was soo cold my hands and feet are still kinda num. But I cant wait to come to school tomorrow. And did I mention i got a new phone. Its called a sidekick. Im sitting here trying to figure out how to work this fancy gatchet. SEE YOU TOMMORROW=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mrs.perez I just want to make a suggestion on field trip for october, I was just wondering could we take a trip to the apple orchard, i havent been there ever since i was in the second grade, just a suggestion, im not going to say my name because......well.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous. Although I would love to go to the apple orchard, we would have to see if we can figure that out around MEAP. We aren't allowed to go on any field trips during MEAP, and it starts Monday and lasts for 3 weeks. I will see if there is any time after that for us to go, but I can't guarantee it okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK i understand!!!!!!I hope we get a chance to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete